Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips?

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear
Default 08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips?

Does anyone have any tips at all to offer on how to make my iPod work more sensibly in this adapter which came on the car? Would it help if I named my playlists something specific (someone suggested in another post that this worked on the older models)? Or anything else? I can't figure out how to access certain artists and albums other than taking the darn thing out of the glove box starting the album and then sticking it back in.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Default RE: 08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips?

Joe,
I'm having the same problem as you with the iPod integration in my A4. What makes me mad is that my dealer used this as a selling point, that the Nav system would utilize all of my iPod functionality. So I left him a message, asked him to find out how to get the title/artist to display, and he left me a message that said the MMI system in the A4 doesn't HAVE that functionality, and that he would research after-market systems that would work with the Audi Nav system. It's weird to me that Audi would have TWO DIFFERENT iPod integration systems, since I did see screenshots on the internet with title/artist showing, and full iPod functionality, but in an A6 not an A4. I'll let you know what my dealer finds out for me.
Regards,
Doug

Old 12-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Default RE: 08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips? & sirius question

just got an '08 A4 with the Ipod integration and got an ipod nano. Now, looking at the owner's manual, it lists adapters for various size ipods to hold the ipod in place after plugging it into the ipod connector; but I don't see anything like that with the car. I talked to the salesman about it today; I got the deer in headlights look. So, what is up? Does this ipod plug directly into the car, does it need a cable, are there really some kind of plastic adapters (refer page 21 of Audi Sound Symphony manual).
oh yes, is there a sirrius radio that will plug into the "pre wired" connector besides the $500 factory add on.
thanks
jeff
'08 A4 black/black
2.0T 6 speed manual

Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM

I have on 2008 A3 , iPod option, and I agree with all of you, its very wacky! It does not show the artist, or even name the playlist. It shows up as if I had 6 CD's in there, and each
CD (1-6) had different songs on it, but really makes no sense at all? How can Audi (in 2008) not have a proper iPod function?
Also BAMA, the adapters you mentioned should have come with the car. Basically the in glove box iPod hookup has a slot, and the plastic adapters are used to fit (snugly) the various
sized iPods(nano, etc). I have a new iPod Nano, and I have been using it without any of the plastic sleeves since they seem too tight. However I really do not understand how
the whole playlist/iPod function is supposed to work? Right now I just keep skipping forward till I find something I want to hear, pretty lame for Audi!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 PM

I just got a used Audi TT 3.2L 2008. It's got the nav and ipod upgrades. I only have a video ipod. Is it compatible with this? It doesn't seem to fit in that slot. Is there an attachment I need to buy to make it fit? I'm sick of listening to the radio and need my ipod to work! LOL- any advice? Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 AM

Anyone know if the MMI-system in the '07 A4 can be upgraded at some point to the new MMI/AMI-system? Is it hardware or software changes?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 PM

Like dofcharsky, I was misled by the salesguy at my Audi dealer. He definitely told me it showed the playlist and song information. When I took delivery of my car, I found out that the iPod 'integration' is really a hack to the CD interface. The good news is that there are two SD card slots which probably will do the trick. I let him know I was not happy, in fact really pissed off. I'm going to deal with that next week. By the way, the limitation on the cards is 512 files/folders per card. This info might have been posted already.

Anyway, I've read the navplus.us forums and its clear that there are no solutions that show iPod playlist/song information on the RNS-E head unit. From what I can tell, the best alternative is to use the Aux-input. From what I read on navplus, enabling that input requires a firmware update which should be out in the US soon.

I guess the good news is that the I'd still rather have the iPod adapter (I wouldn't call it 'integration') than the CD player. In any case I like the NAV display and, of course, I like the A4. The German cars have always been a generation behind the Japanese cars when it comes to electronics. I just like the way the German cars drive.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2008 TT with the IPOD option. I agree with all of you...it sux!!!! From May 8, 2007 when I got the car I have been complaining to Audi about the no title problem.....When is the AUX input??? I would love to know!!!! I have the navi also.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
sbe
Default RE: 08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips?

I just purchased a 2008 Audi A4 with the IPOD adapter dock in the glove compartment. There's a bag with 4 adapters but none of them seem to fit my Ipod Nano. I have the latest version Nano (the little square one that plays videos). I believe the Ipod Model Number is A1236 (on the back) or MB263LL (in the setup info on the Nano). Does anyone know how to get the right adapter?

Scott

Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

I just got an iPod adapter for my '08 A4. When I connect the ipod, it shows "loading" but nothing more happens. Sometimes I can get it to show Track number, but it doesn't start playing. Anyone have any advice?

FiveG

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 iPod Stock Interface Usage Tips?