Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake warning light and beep

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
3rd Gear

Just checking the brake fluid will not fix the light problem.

If the fluid is low add some. If the light returns in a few days/weeks find the leak!

It's not rocket science... when the pads wear the fluid drops because the calipers require more fluid when in the normal position.

In some cases the float in the resevor can stick but only if it get low in the first place- like when your flushing the system

Another point - low fluid -not due to a leak - can indicate that your going to need brakes soon cause the pads are all wearing out.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 PM

vandykenf3 - Putting in more brake fluid did the trick for me. I was first confused because I assumed that the red brake light on the dash only had one meaning, that the parking brake was on. After reading this forum and realizing that the light had multiple meanings, I filled up the brake fluid reservoir and the light & beeping problem went away.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

arite i got a strange one for you guys. now my center lcd is fcuked so i cant really tell. but today i made 2 quick left turns, and the car beeped 3 times, with no abnormal lights though. i have the yellow brake light in the lcd on but thats always been on because my brake pads dont have sensors. i went back around the block the same way and it did the same thing again. any ideas?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Default Problems with Audi A6 warning brake light

Hello colleagues,

I found this site very interesting as I possess Audi A6 2004 which has a problem with a warning that started to show about 2 weeks ago. In the display it shows Centre Brake Light, and then it disappears and a yellow sign saying in German Brems Licht continues to be shown on the small display of the car. As i read in the internet from the similar cases of other people, I added some brake fluid but the warning is there, it didn't disappear.
Could you please somebody tell me what to do in order to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your kind support and cooperation.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

I've got the same thing happening in my '02 A6 Avant 3.0... brake warning light (not abs light). I'm figuring cold weather is probably helping to bring it on but, as I've learned, this isn't going to go away on its own. I feel like I'm hearing some unusual creaking in the rear suspension too. Hoping it's not a big thing but already aggravated because my mechanic is talking abs module and the abs light isn't flashing.

If it's just the fluid, is there a special audi brake fluid I need to use?

Old 07-03-2010, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by auditech79
Is it just the red brake light that illuminates, or does theyellow ABS light come on at the same time?
There is a majordifference between the two so find out.
i have an 2004 audi a6 front wheel drive i have the abs brake warning light and the esp light all on does any one no anything about that

Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 PM

this is a strange one guys any ideas... similar to others above. audi a6 2.4 sline multitronic 55 reg.every time i tun right i get the big red (!) BRAKES with a beep sign but also the engine either judders or cuts out, then i have to put it in neutral and stat again then its ok again until i go round a right bend.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 PM

this is a strange one guys any ideas... similar to others above. audi a6 2.4 sline multitronic 55 reg.every time i tun right i get the big red (!) BRAKES with a beep sign but also the engine either judders or cuts out, then i have to put it in neutral and stat again then its ok again until i go round a right bend.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
3rd Gear

Let's try again --

RED BRAKE light usually means low fluid or the ebrake is on.
ABS means there is a problem with the ABS system or you have turned it off
(O) means low front brake pads or the wire got cut.
If the pannel says center brake light - ya gotta bulb out

If you girl friend begins screaming while your driving -either your going too fast or a bee flew down her blouse. In either case you have to do something about it. Like slow down, stop and help with the bee or get a new girlfriend.

If your RED BRAKE light comes on when turning - check the damn fluid and top it off cause it is low.

Paddy - come back after you have added brake fluid. OK?

Old 01-23-2011, 01:46 PM
1st Gear
Angry Brake light

Hi, I have the same problem with my 06 A4, only on right turns
its driving me nuts, fluids are fine. Brakes are fine. I also have the engine check light on, then low oil pressure light comes on, then truck lid light comes on, then the car runs really crappy when in drive and stopped, put it in neutral
it runs fine. My mechanic changes my oil every 5000 miles with synthetic, is the car possessed.

Quick Reply: brake warning light and beep