Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
It works
0%
It doesnt do anything
12.50%
It sucks
0%
Avoid at all costs.
0%
Never heard of it.
87.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Cyclo Oil Treatment (Oil Additive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Poll: Cyclo Oil Treatment (Oil Additive)

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if Cyclo Premium Oil Treatment is any good for my Audi A4 1.8T.

The directions say that I can either put it in warm motor oil after each regular oil change or between oil changes. I'm thinking of putting a can in as my car has run 5,000kms and 8 months since its last oil change.

Have any of you tried it? I plan to use the Cyclo Motor Flush too as soon as I reach 12 months after my last oil change.

I thought of doing this all after I noticed "OIL" flashing in my tripmeter. I checked my oil level and its fine, and the oil isn't too dirty itself. I brought it to an independent mechanic and he said my oil sensor might be malfunctioning, but I figure this won't hurt.

I've created a poll so you can vote. If you have more detailed advice just pm me.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Poll: Cyclo Oil Treatment (Oil Additive)

You dont need engine oil additives. Most of the time they either thin or thicken your oil too much which affects things for the worse, not the better. The only thing I would ever do is an Auto RX or Seafoam treatment... Something that stays in the crank case for only short periods of time to flush out some sludge. That **** that claims to restore lost hp, etc. is BS imo. I dont know what the flush youre talking about is, or how long it stays in the crank case, but I would stick with something better known that is proven to work like auto rx.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

You dont need engine oil additives. Most of the time they either thin or thicken your oil too much which affects things for the worse, not the better. The only thing I would ever do is an Auto RX or Seafoam treatment... Something that stays in the crank case for only short periods of time to flush out some sludge. That **** that claims to restore lost hp, etc. is BS imo. I dont know what the flush youre talking about is, or how long it stays in the crank case, but I would stick with something better known that is proven to work like auto rx.
you couldnt be more correct.... i work at a parts store and i get the honda kids coming in all the time asking me if it will restore their hp, b/c they are doing an oil change to go out and race that nite;... the stuff does nothing.... save your money, and put it towards a couple gallons of gas

Old 03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

OIL sign flashing and if your oil level ok, most likely you’re using wrong oil, first time seen it guy used regular 5-30 oil and second time 5or even 10 - 30 synthetic, light stopped blinking after they changed to synthetic 5-40.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

oh and guy that used 5-30 synthetic had oil leak in oil cooler. so check for any leaks.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
4th Gear

oil light means you need to change your fuggin oil

8 months, jesus