Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Replacement / Alarm Problems

Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Default Battery Replacement / Alarm Problems

Hi,

I own a 2003 A4 1.8 T, I purchased it used about 6 months ago and have had no problems with it whatsoever.
My battery recently died and I went to NAPA (like autozone or pepboys) and purchased a new one of the same specs.
Upon finally removing the battery covers and weather stripping and bolts that held it in, I replaced it with the new one, and as soon as I connected the leads to the battery my alarm began to ring continuously.
Hitting all the open and close buttons on my key remote, all the lock buttons in the car, and all the manual key slots around the car did nothing to stop the alarm.
The hazard lights continue to flash, and the alarm tone comes on and off sporadically.
I've had to connect and dis-connect the battery every time I've moved the car, as the alarm does not shut off after I kill the engine.
I currently live far from any Audi dealerships or service centers, and have only used a VW dealership close by to answer any questions I've had about the car.
Is is possible that I have the wrong size or model battery and my car is just telling me that it's rejecting it?
Any help would be much appreciated,

-marlowe

Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Battery Replacement / Alarm Problems

You should be able to press open and close doors with the remote.
If that dosen't work, try putting the key in the driver's door and turn it
to open and close.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 PM

I've tried every combination of open and close with the remote, and I've tried all the different key slots around the car.
It still refuses to turn the alarm off.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Have you tried hitting the red button on the back side of your center console (the one with the picture of a key on it)?

Old 05-27-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

Did this get resolved? Did any suggestion work, what did work? I'm about to do the same thing and have heard of this problem before. Thanks.