Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 Performance Mods

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into buying in A6 this summer (98-04) but I'd like to know what kind of performance mods are out there. There's no doubt about it that a stock A6 offers the perfect balance of luxury, comfort, styling, and performance, but like all sports car enthusiasts, I would like a fast car.

What mods have you guys done to your A6's?

What kind of performance did you get? hp boost?

What is the price range?

I'd like to collect as much information out there on modding Audi's as I plan on modding the heck out of my next car. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jon

Old 06-13-2006, 01:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi A6 Performance Mods

It's been covered too often to repeat here. Do a search of the forum and you'll see TONS of discussion on this topic. If you're really into modding, make sure you get the 2.7T -- it offers the greatest potential for upgrading. If you can get a standard, all the better (the manual is better able to handle the increased horsepower of extensive modding).

I'd also suggest checking out Stoney's Links (a link is provided in my signature). Generally considered the ultimate A6 FAQ and resource guide (including performance mods).

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the link, but I want to know what specific mods you guys on this forum are running.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:31 PM

your not listening???? exhaust first then the rest

Old 06-14-2006, 03:33 PM

you need to start *** flirt with these mods simply because the engine mods wont provide the required results if the exhaust is restricted

Old 06-14-2006, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

you need to start *** flirt with these mods simply because the engine mods wont provide the required results if the exhaust is restricted
This is an edited reply (after I did some research...). My earlier comments were incorrect.

While freeing up the exhaust on a turbo would improve it's performance, there are some other things you can do that will have a greater impact at lower cost. Specifically, you can spend $1000-1500 on an exhaust to pick up 10-15 HP out put in a new a chip and gain 30-40 HP for <$800? If you're talking about a 4.2, you want to be careful about opening up the exhaust. Naturally aspirated engines need the backpressure of the OEM designed exhaust.

To the original poster... The link I provided offers the opinions of people on this forum (to the extent many people on this forum are also on AudiWorld). Trust me: you will NOT find a better collection of commentary on modding an A6 then the link I provided for you. If you want to do the reading, there it is. If you want people to hand you the info, you're going to have a harder time. Your question is very general and those sorts of questions do not tend to get as much response as more specific ones that come from having done some background reading first.

Asking "what sort of mods have you done?" is like asking "what sort of women have you dated?" You're going to get LOTS of different answers that will not have much meaning without some background context.

Good luck

Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

It also depends on what A6 you get. As far as mods go, for the 2.8 and 3.0 there's very little. At any rate, I would start with suspension, brakes, and rims. Those will make the car fun and would be a good starting point IMO.