Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Jerks/Vibrates on accerlation

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Audi Jerks/Vibrates on accerlation

Hey guys hoping you can give me ideas as to what my problem might be.

I have an automatic '03 Audi A4 1.8T with about 110k miles on it. When i start the car and accelerate it will jerk once around 15mph and then 2 more times around 30-40mph. When im nearing 3k rpm's to get on a freeway (60+mph) the car begins to vibrate a lot. Once its past the 60mph the vibration wont stop unless i take my foot off the gas pedal (not suggest on freeway).

The problem occured for the first time over a year ago when driving it to a town 2 hours away. When I got into town i couldnt accelerate past 20mph without it completely shaking. Had to cut the trip short and take the car to the local Midas. They said it was the drive shaft and did the repair work 1k+ later the problem seemed fixed.

A year later the problem returned with only the jerking at first but then the heavy vibrations slowly returned as well. Took the car into our usual car repair place at home, had them do a full tune up and after another 1k they said they couldn't pin point the problem but it was lessened to a certain extent. I needed it ready to go so I could drive it from San Francisco to Seattle.

The car made it no problem it was pretty much smooth sailing on cruise control without the need to accelerate a lot. Now in Seattle the problem seems as bad as ever and I hate to drive it around.

Any help or ideas that points me in the right direction would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!